Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Sometimes I am just floored by how true words can be. Like that quote. How perfect is that? Thanks John Cassis! I'm also always floored by the fact that I could never come up with something as eloquent. Seriously, every day is word vomit day in Kendall's life!

But I am loving this quote today because even just the first few days of my 25 Days of Kindness have taught me how important being nice is, whether I am helping someone else have a happier day or just brightening my own.

Day 3 was this Monday, December 3rd. I don't drive too much on weekdays but thought it would be a good idea for one of my days to be driving for a whole day without getting angry or frustrated at other people on the road. This might seem dumb to some of y'all but for me it can sometimes be a problem. I decided Monday was "No Road Rage" day because let's face it, the world doesn't need yet driver with road rage. :)



Day 4 was yesterday, Tuesday the 4th! This day actually takes a bit more explaining: one of my wonderful friends Michelle was in the hospital for most of last week, and I was planning on visiting her Friday afternoon and bringing her a surprise. But obviously Friday was a good time for me to get crazy sick as well, so that didn't happen. I got to give Michelle her little surprise when I saw her last night. She is such a blessing in my life and I am so glad I've gotten to know her this year.



Today was Day 5! I ended up at Starbucks tonight for a meeting and decided, how happy would I be if a stranger surprised me with free Starbucks? We had a free drink coupon lying around my house, so I wrote a little note to go along with the coupon and stuck it under the windshield wiper of a random car in the parking lot. When I left, the car was still there, so here's hoping my stranger found the little treat!

 My card said, "Hey! Free Starbucks! Seriously, on me! ❤, a stranger."

I hope your first few days of the Christmas season have been absolutely wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment