Sunday, November 18, 2012

"He seriously thinks you are the cat's meow!"

Oh hey there. Yes you are still reading about Fall Weekend. Great, hope you are excited! :)

Best friend pics. The first one is us trying to be normal and the second one is us being ourselves. 

Senior swag. Notice how two of the "S"s are backwards. Sorry we're not sorry...

Shenanigans.

AJ and Tyler angry about the Glitter Patrol.

Saturday afternoon we had the Muck Fest. Imagine 300 people throwing flour and shaving cream at each other. Crazy. I have been to Fall Weekend four times and it still freaks me out when people run at me with hands full of shaving cream.



After Muck Fest it was time for the annual YL North Shore football game. This year it was New Trier vs. GBS. I honestly can't tell you who won though, because I took about 80 pictures of us standing on the sidelines and about 1 of the actual game. To us the most entertaining part of the game was the costumes. Can you spot the raunchy police officer? Hilarious.

Then it was picture time!


Fall Weekend 2011


Fall Weekend 2012: How well we replicated the original is up for debate. My excuse for why I look extremely troubled is that I was thinking, "This is my last Fall Weekend ever..."


I am seriously so thankful for Mal! We decided to recreate the picture we took together last year at Fall Weekend in the exact same spot. It may or may not have turned out decently but we decided that taking funny face pictures was much more fun. Mal is endless laughter and wisdom and that is a seriously wonderful combination. I keep telling her that she has to visit me in college or I won't know what to do! Even if I'm a YL leader next year, I'm still going to need my own leader!

Sarah, Mal

Kara, Heather

Mal, Alana


We loved Ben's football gear but he decided to be sad because he didn't get to play in the final game. It's okay though because Kevin was a good friend and decided to cheer him up. But I told ya we were serial sideline snappin'! Get it? Get it? (Yeah my jokes are terrible. Just nod and smile.)


The sunset over camp on Saturday was incredible. It reminded me of sunsets at Timber Wolf this summer. I love that God created a beautiful place like Lake Geneva and that we got to spend an absolutely incredible 48 hours there without worrying or stressing or anything. 

A mattress in a tree. Only at Young Life camp. Seriously.


Before dinner we hung out at the coffee shop and LK got a picture with her "husband", Spiderman, who had been dressed up all afternoon. I love how easily friendships are formed at Fall Weekend and Young Life camp in general. People are so nice and instead of it being weird when you say hi to people you don't know, it's weird if you don't say hi to them.



Saturday night we were treated to a concert by musical-prodigy-in-residence, Blake Aaron Guthrie. We all "aww"ed at his love songs and listened intently when he talked about his journey with Jesus. I heard Blake two years ago at Work Weekend, and it just seemed like a God thing for me that he was back again for the last time I will be at Fall Weekend with the North Shore. 

It is crazy to me that the next time I might be on Fall Weekend or Polar Bear Weekend or Winter Weekend or any combination of the three is with a different YL area when I'm in college. I am so thankful for my four Fall Weekends with YL North Shore. I can't believe the first time I had ever heard of Young Life was November 2009 when I stepped on the bus to my very first Fall Weekend -- that's what started it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment